The Institute of Public Health provides education in the specialty of public health on two levels of study: 1-degree – licentiate (3-year), and 2nd-degree – complementary Master studies (2-year), and in the specialty of Emergency Medicine – 1st-degree licentiate studies (3-year).
The main directions of studies conducted at the Institute:
Department of Prophylaxis of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Microalbuminuria in chronic heart failure
- Study of clinical role and importance of b-type natriuretic peptide in diabetic patients.
- Problems of disabled and chronically ill adults.
Department of Social Prophylaxis
- Diagnostic examinations of environments from the aspect of chemical and non-chemical addictions and risk of occurrence of these phenomena (environments of adults and adolescents).
- Diagnostic studies of the occurrence of new forms of risky behaviours and social pathologies (in children, adolescents and adults).
- Diagnostic studies within the scope of occurrence of the phenomena of domestic and peer violence.
- Diagnostic studies of the effectiveness of conducted prophylactic actions and expectations of their recipients (school and environmental actions).
- Studies within the scope of creation of systemic solutions in social prophylaxis.
Department of Prophylaxis and Epidemiology of Cancer
- Intermittent complete androgen blockade in patients with advanced prostate cancer
Department of Studies of Developmental Age
- Diagnostic studies of children and adolescents in the school environment in the area of assessment of somatic development and health – (growth and development check-ups).
- Diagnostic studies in the area of evaluation of the quality of life in health (the WHO tests, the Department possesses relevant licences)
- Diagnostic studies of the level of physical fitness of the population at developmental age in educational environment. .
- Diagnostic studies concerning life style of adolescents, creation of systemic solutions in prophylaxis of positive health behaviours.
Department of Emergency Medicine
- Evaluation of the depth of general anaesthesia with the use of propofol. Comparison of two methods.
- Effect of BIPAP ventilation in patients with sleep ventilatory disorders on central sleep apnea episodes.
- Multiaspect analysis of free amino acids in serum of patients with acute coronary syndromes.
- Evaluation of post-operative pain and personality traits using the map of personality factors in order to establish an optimum therapy.
- Functionality of the method of pain assessment in clinical practice.
Laboratory for Psychology and Medical Pedagogy
- Analysis of health behaviours among adults.
- Availability of health care services.
- Stress and occupational burnout syndrome in the occupational group of physiotherapists.
- Studies of school readiness among children (mental and social aspects).
- Environmental conditioning of school readiness.