Adres: al. IX Wieków Kielc 19A, 25-317 Kielce
Tel. 41 349 69 09
Fax. 41 349 69 16
The Faculty, founded in 2005, is one of the youngest faculties of UJK. In October 2015 the name of the Faculty of Health Sciences was changed to the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
In November 2019, the name has been changed into Collegium Medicum which consists of 2 Institutes:
- Medical Sciences,
- Health Sciences.
In order to provide the greatest conditions to educate the doctors, a new and up-to-date science teaching building, of area about 5940 m2, has been put to use. This project was co-financed by the European Union’s funds in the framework of Medic project and enabled to develop our infrastructure to be one of the most innovative in Poland.
The building is equipped with the state-of-the-art apparatus and simulators devoted to educational classes and it functions as an unit with an existed teaching building. A newly built department consists of :
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Physiology, Pathophysiology and Clinical Immunology
- Laboratory of Physiology, Pathophysiology
- Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- Microbiology Laboratory
- Department of Surgical Medicine, with the Laboratory of Medical Genetics
- Department of Internal Medicine and Family Medicine with the Laboratory of Scientific Research
- Department of Pediatric and Pediatric Surgery
- Department of Dermatology, Cosmetology and Aesthetic Surgery
- Department of Clinical and Experimental
- Pathomorphology with the Laboratory of Histology and Forensic Medicine
- Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
In Collegium Medicum there have been created educational laboratories such as: anatomical, nursing, midwifery, Medical Simulation Center, Medical Information Centre, as well as specialist laboratories: phantoms, operating room, pathology, diagnosis, medical, physiology, pathophysiology, the animal room, microbiology, histology and embryology, cytophysiology, clinical immunology, emergency medicine.
The matter of high importance seems to be the possibility to complete classes of basic preclinical sciences, in cooperation with the Institute of Biology, the Institute of Chemistry, the Institute of Physics, the Institute of Mathematics as well as the Institute of Geography and Environmental Sciences of the Jan Kochanowski University. The students are also enabled to take part in classes in such laboratories as Laboratory of Electron Microscopy, Molecular Biology, Medical Physics, Molecular Physics, the Institute of Microbiology as well as the Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics.